Monday, 31 May 2010

McWTF: A punny tale of Seoul food

People go to McDonalds because they always know what to expect. You're always guaranteed a greasy burger delivered by a grumpy adolescent there. The exception to this rule is, of course, in South Korea....

Tired and bored, trapped in the mall-like complex that is Seoul's Incheon airport waiting for a connecting flight, I spotted a McDonalds. Aha, I thought, maybe a sundae will help pass the time away. Glancing at the menu, I had to do a double take. Did I read that right? A Green Tea McFlurry? Of course, while I thought it sounded awful, I just had to try it. I watched the sullen teenager as he made it, slightly repulsed by bright green powder he added.

I paid my 1200 won (which converts to the ridiculously cheap amount of about one Australian dollar. A bargain really, for this privilege) and went to sit on a couch near a tv showing two Korean men in an intense computer game battle. Now for the taste test. Well, it wasn't terrible... It was interesting, in the best sense of the word. I decided I liked it. Although I wont be requesting it from my local Maccas anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment